Why Should I Purchase a Mikeno Package for My Nyiragongo Hike?
Discover your unique Hiking Adventure with the essential Mikeno Mist Package. Mikeno Mist Package is designed for strictly a three nights stay within Virunga National Park including 2 nights in Kibumba Tented camp along with a gorilla trek, and one other night spent on Nyiragongo Volcano.
The package takes on a few steps, including
- All guest are expected to cross the grand barrier border and later check-in with the Virunga Tourism Office before 1:00pm. The Virunga tourism office is suitably situated in the Grand Barriere border post building opposite the passport Control. The Gorilla trek and Volcano hiking permits will be issued to the all the guests immediately while they check-in, each of which must be presented at the beginning of every trek, whether it is gorilla trek or Nyiragongo Hike. The Guests will then be transferred to Kibumba Tented Camp immediately after check-in.
- The guests will then slope down to meet their ranger, immediately after their early morning breakfast for a short briefing. A few rules and regulations will be aired to all the guests within the group, after then they will embark on their trek in search for Gorillas. The walk usually takes at least 2-5 hours of hiking , depending on the location of the gorilla group, as well as the terrain type. On their encounter, the guests will be limited to an hour stay in the presence of the gorillas after then they will embark on their trek to the camp. They shall then have late lunch and later spend the rest of the day at leisure including nature walks and bird watching
- Guests will be required to have an early breakfast, and then they will be later transferred to Kibati Ranger Post(Departure point of Mount Nyiragongo Volcano) at between 8:00-9:00 am. On Arrival at Kibati, a briefing will take place and other guests will require to hire some porters to carry their luggage from the base to the peak and back. The trek on the first day, will last for about 5-6 hours to the peak. All hikers will spend the night at the peak.
- All trekkers shall leave the crater rim and descend from the mountain back to Kibati Post. The descent takes about 3-4 hours depending on the fitness and how fast the trekkers will be to Goma town. The guests will then be dropped off at Grand Barriere which marks. Mikeno Mist Package.
The package comes handy with
- 2 nights accommodation at Kibumba Tented Camp
- Gorilla trekking permit
- One night stay on Nyiragongo
- Volcano trek permit
- All transport to & from and within the Park once in country.
- Nyiragongo backpack
- Porter fees
- Gratuities and anything of a personal nature.